"The way for a young man to rise, is to improve himself every way he can, never suspecting that any body wishes to hinder him." - Abraham Lincoln
This man was shot from behind in a public theater.
Would Abe Lincoln have a different opinion today?
If more people carried guns, would there be less crime?
2 comments:
I don't believe that more guns on the street will produce LESS Crime. I do believe that more responsible individuals, who are adequately trained, can provide a SENSE to would-be criminals... ('If I mess with that guy, he might be carrying a weapon.')
As for Mr. Lincoln, I believe that it is only fair to remind all that Lincoln did an awful lot for the rights a human being has. I believe that if we think about who does not agree with us then we are letting them get the best of us. Take it to the mattresses when it's time, but until then just remain vigilant.
Anyone who grew up back in Lincoln's day would have a different opinion today. People are a product of their surroundings, its that simple. The surroundings were much different and people cared about different things back then vs today. So yes, he would have a much different opinion today, especially if he knew he was going to get shot!!
If more people carried guns there would be more people getting shot. I am all for having a gun in your home to protect yourself and your family from an intruder. As long as the person who owns the gun is responsible with it, meaning lock it up so your kid (no matter the age) doesn't get a hold of it. But all of these people worried about Obama taking away their guns should really get a clue!! Do they REALLY think Obama wants their guns and wants to take away their rights? If the military wants in your home....they are coming in!!
Post a Comment